2020 WSCUC ACADEMIC RESOURCE CONFERENCE SAVE THE DATE
WASC Senior College and University Commission is very pleased to announce the 2020 Academic Resource Conference, to be held April 22 – 24, 2020 at the Hyatt Regency Orange County in Garden Grove, CA.
Sessions designed and contributed by you – members of the WSCUC community – are the heart of the Academic Resource Conference. Your ideas and practices and your provocative questions and courageous answers represent the best of the wide range of approaches to higher education and diversity of institutions in our region and around the country. #2020ARC will feature content from you that confronts problems, challenges assumptions, and seeks solutions that advance interpretation of experience and enhance practice.
Take time over the summer to work on ideas with colleagues and prepare your proposal and share your ideas on Twitter(@wascsenior)and LinkedIn and use the hashtag #2020ARC.
Each year’s theme is constructed from your thoughts and suggestions as well as your collaboration with colleagues at schools, colleges, and organizations across the entire higher education landscape. We welcome your ideas and about the needs and interests of WSCUC institutions and the higher education community and how the ARC can be responsive to conference attendees.
Drop a line with your comments, ideas, and questions to David Chase at email@example.com.
We will incorporate your thoughts and announce the #2020ARC theme in the fall.
Start developing your ideas now – submissions will open on Thursday, August 15, 2019 and proposals will be due by Monday October 21, 2019.
As you develop proposals, consider the following topical areas as guides:
- Data and Analysis – Evidence of Outcomes: how are information and practice reinforcing knowledge and generating action that improves institutional performance and student achievement?
- Learning, Teaching, and Experiencing: how are we best engaging students in learning?
- Enhancing Educational Effectiveness: are results from assessment, program review, and planning creating positive change?
- Improving Equity, Access, and Inclusion: are we making a difference and creating meaningful learning environments?
- Leadership for Learning: are resources, people, and culture aligned with mission and with quality and improvement?